Thursday, September 27, 2012

Animals That Live Here by Kate

In our neighborhood there is a bear that rips trash cans apart. There are some bears, racoons, foxes, deer, chipmunks, snakes, squirrels, birds, rabbits, and last but not least, bobcats.
In our yard we have baby chipmunks that play around in our yard! 
My mom found a humming bird stuck up inside the glass part of our ceiling and she saved the hummingbird's life. Also my dad was mowing the lawn and there was a rattle snake that he almost killed. The snake was 8 inches in width and 6 feet long. It was so scary! 
Picture by DAwn Huczek on Flickr
My friend Eileen found a fox broke into her chicken coop and  ate all her baby chicks. When an animal eats another animal most of the time it does not leave any trace of the animal it eats.

9 comments:

  1. Wow, Kate. This is a great post. It really helps me get a clear picture of what animals live near you.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa Stewart,
      I love your books.It is a dream come true for you to take your time and type to me.Thanks for your feed back
      - Kate

      Delete
  2. I bet that is really scary i would not like to have all of my baby chikens eat.

    harvey

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day I saw a bear family in my yard... 2 cubs and 1 mom. They destroyed my trash can!Not like destroyed,destroyed. I mean like pushed over my trash can and ate all the food scraps in it. -- Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had two chickens and a fox ate my chickens. One day I also a bear family two cubs and a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't feel bad my cat was bite by a dog so know he has a huge scar down his side.--Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bear stole my garbage 3 times in the last month.I named him the garbage bear. Cole

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry for spelling wrong.--Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. There was a bear that came to my church and scratched the bark off a tree.

    Skyler

    ReplyDelete